How to get Windows 11
PCs preloaded with Windows 11 are available now! Many Windows 10 PCs are eligible for a free upgrade.
- Go to check for Windows Updates.
- Select the start button, and then go o Settings > Update & Security > Windows Updates
Minimum System Requirements for Windows 11
- Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster with 2 or more cores on a compatible 64-bit processor or System on a Chip (SoC).
- Memory: 4 GB RAM.
- Storage: 64 GB or larger storage device.
- System firmware: UEFI, Secure Boot capable. Check here for information on how your PC might be able to meet this requirement.
- TPM: Trusted Platform Module (TPM) version 2.0. Check here for instructions on how your PC might be enabled to meet this requirement.
- Graphics card: Compatible with DirectX 12 or later with WDDM 2.0 driver.
- Display Resolution: High definition (720p) display that is greater than 9” diagonally, 8 bits per color channel.
- Internet connection: Microsoft account and internet connectivity required for setup for Windows 11 Home.
Your device must be running Windows 10, version 2004 or later, to upgrade. Free updates are available through Windows Update in Settings>Update and Security.
Certain features require specific hardware.2 System requirements to run some apps will exceed the Windows 11 minimum device specifications. Check device compatibility information specific to the apps you want to install. Available storage on your device will vary based on installed apps and updates. Performance will scale with higher end, more capable PCs. Additional requirements may apply over time and for updates.
What is the difference between Windows 10 and windows 11?
Windows 11 has all the power and security of Windows 10 with a redesigned and refreshed look. It also comes with new tools, sounds, and apps. Every detail has been considered. All of it comes together to bring you a refreshing experience on your PC. Some Windows 10 features are not available in Windows 11. See Minimum System Requirements for Windows 11
When will I be able to Upgrade to Windows 11 on my Windows 10 device?
If your existing Windows 10 PC is running the most current version of Windows 10 and meets the minimum hardware specifications it will be able to upgrade to Windows 11. The upgrade rollout is currently under way and will continue into 2022. Not all Windows 10 PCs that are eligible to upgrade to Windows 11 will be offered to upgrade at the same time. To see if your PC is eligible to upgrade, download and run the PC Health Check app. Once the upgrade rollout has started, you can check if it is ready for your device by going to Settings/Windows Updates