What is Microsoft Teams
Microsoft Teams is a unified communication and collaboration platform that combines persistent workplace chat, video meetings, and application integration.
Microsoft Teams Services is integrated in Office 365, and you can also integrate it into non Microsoft products.
Main Features of Microsoft Teams
- Center of collaboration in the Microsoft Stack.
- Persistent chat
- Apps & workflows
Teams & Channels
- Collection of people, content, tools surrounding different project and outcomes within an organization.
- Teams can be public, or private
- Dedicated sections within a team to keep conversations organized by specific topics, projects, disciplines
- Channels can be public, or private.
There are three kinds of channels
- Default Channel
- Created when you create the team
- You cannot remove, rename, or hide the General channel.
- Channel that is accessible to everyone in the team
- You can decide if it´s shown by default to everyone or not
- User can favorite it is they want
- Accessible to only specific people from the team
- Only users that have access to it can see this channel
Other Parts of Microsoft Teams
- All files uploaded to the channel
- Users can view/edit them directly from the user interface
- Wiki that comes built-in with every Microsoft Team
- Integrate other applications as Tabs at the top of the team
- SharePoint site
- 3rd party apps